A dive in the industrial history of the town of le Creusot
The castle of glassware of le Creusot is located in the heart of the city, it was the residence of the Schneider family for more than a century (1836-1960). The splendor of the Schneider during the first world war, the city had more than 35,000 inhabitants (today 23 000). The majority of the inhabitants of the city worked in the steel mills owned by the Schneider. There is very little evidence of industrial activity in the town of le Creusot only remains the Castle and its Park, which remains the last testimony to the power of the Schneider family.
The Castle and its Park can be visited, they were sold to the town of le Creusot in the 1960s, the castle is now a Museum of industry.
The Museum of the castle of glassware
At 12.73 Km(s)
At 19.3 Km(s)
At 19.73 Km(s)
At 22.36 Km(s)